A.K.A. Reinventing the Music Lesson
Music Protest has reinvented the music lesson. As students engage music as a personal expression (rather than, simply, an academic pursuit) they immediately develop many, many questions. The most common questions fall into 3 categories:
- How do I do [this]?
- What will it mean (artistically) if I do [this]?
- How do I activate my unique gifts through innovation?
All lessons and materials available through Music Protest are designed to support artists in one of these 3 "phases" of development. Students can track their progress by earning the following 3 certificates:
- Essential Skills - lessons designed to answer the question "How do I do [this]?"
- Developing Artist - lessons designed to answer the question "What will it mean (artistically) if I do [this]?"
- Authentic Creator - lessons designed to answer the question "How do I activate my unique gifts through innovation?"
How Do I Earn a Certificate?
- Select a topic (Guitar, Ableton/Push, Music Theory, etc.)
- Decide which certificate you plan to earn (Essential Skills, Developing Artist or Authentic Creator)
- Enroll and complete all courses related to both the (1) certificate level and (2) topic you've chosen. You can monitor your progress in the Membership Dashboard anytime!